By Henry Han O.M.D., Glenn Miller M.D., Visit Amazon's Nancy Deville Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Nancy Deville,
The better of jap and Western drugs in an integrative therapeutic procedure for the brain, physique, and spirit.
Now, for the 1st time, a Western doctor and a physician of Oriental medication mix the unprecedented technological advances of the West with the unequalled knowledge and therapeutic contact chinese language natural drugs presents for plenty of ailments and stipulations that elude glossy medication. old Herbs, glossy drugs demonstrates the numerous vital, powerful methods chinese language medication and Western drugs can supplement one another in treating every little thing from asthma and insomnia to psychological disorder and melanoma. This available, entire consultant bargains many informative and enlightening case experiences and up to date details on:
• How integrative drugs combines the easiest of Western pharmacology and japanese herbology
• How integrative medication is helping struggle the ailments and health problems of our time, together with asthma, bronchial asthma, and protracted fatigue syndrome, and eases or even reverses indicators of arthritis, diabetes, melancholy, osteoporosis, AIDS, center illness, and cancer--often with out part effects
• How chinese language medication can assist realize indicators ahead of an illness
becomes a crisis
• the significance of Western concepts in diagnosing critical diseases
• Why chinese language medication bargains the simplest therapy for lots of chronic/recurrent health problems
• Restoring crucial stability to the 5 vigorous Systems--the middle, Lung, Spleen, Liver, and Kidney Energies
• The 8 ideas of natural Therapy--how herbs paintings on your physique
Plus illuminating discussions of the elemental rules of chinese language medication, in addition to foodstuff therapy recipes, diagrams, glossaries of clinical phrases and herbs, source listings, and masses extra that can assist you tailor an integrative well-being routine that's best for you.
Read or Download Ancient Herbs, Modern Medicine: Improving Your Health by Combining Chinese Herbal Medicine and Western Medicine PDF
Best alternative medicine books
Introducing the main accomplished, such a lot completely researched, such a lot rigorously referenced, and newest textual content on average medications and complementary modalities. It covers a variety of checks and methods for coping with and treating over a hundred stipulations and illnesses. inside of, readers will locate actual, unique pharmacologic details on herbs and supplementations, and the most important wisdom for making strategies to sufferers.
The best way to MAKE your individual natural ANTIBIOTICS AND ANTIVIRALS to avoid AND deal with disease with out using PRESCRIPTIONS we know the reality: man made antibiotics are falling in the back of. The prior 100 years have created an international of man-made antibiotics: antibiotics that medical professionals always flip to as a way to help in removing universal colds, flu and different severe disorder.
- Oregano: The genera Origanum and Lippia (Medicinal and Aromatic Plants - Industrial Profiles)
- Invisible Rainbow: A Physicist’s Introduction to the Science behind Classical Chinese Medicine
- Energetics in acupuncture : five element acupuncture made easy
- Why Isn't My Brain Working?: A Revolutionary Understanding of Brain Decline and Effective Strategies to Recover Your Brain's Health
- Tecnica Quiropractica de Articulaciones Perifericas (Spanish Edition)
- Core Energetics: Developing the Capacity to Love and Heal
Extra info for Ancient Herbs, Modern Medicine: Improving Your Health by Combining Chinese Herbal Medicine and Western Medicine
My father was a Scout leader who took me and my Scout troop on trails, pointed out plants and told us about their medicinal applications. I was fascinated that plants you might see on a trail could end up as raw ingredients in medications dispensed in pharmacies. Throughout my childhood, as I continued to work with my father behind the counter in his pharmacy, fewer and fewer naturally occurring medicines were prescribed. Pharmaceutical manufacturers began growing into the behemoth companies they are today, and prescription drugs became the way of life in medicine and in the practice of pharmacy.
Many of these active ingredients are now synthesized, though the original source was from plants. family history in pharmacognosy (the branch of pharmacology that deals with drugs in their crude or natural state) and Dr. Han's family history in Western medicine gave each doctor a well-rounded perspective on what integrative medicine could be like. As I began writing this book with Dr. Miller and Dr. Western-trained oncologist Lorne Feldman, who survived kidney cancer, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and kidney metastasis, now practices integrative medicine—a transformation due in part to his successful personal use of Chinese herbs.
He watched his parents incorporate Chinese medicine into their Western medical practice. The combined use of these two diverse medical systems came naturally for Dr. Han's parents partly because—in spite of their training in Western medicine—they were culturally accepting of Chinese medicine. By the majority of Chinese people the effectiveness of Chinese medicine is taken for granted and never questioned. Even in the second half of the twentieth century in the vast Chinese countryside Chinese medicine still shouldered most of the responsibility for health care.
Ancient Herbs, Modern Medicine: Improving Your Health by Combining Chinese Herbal Medicine and Western Medicine by Henry Han O.M.D., Glenn Miller M.D., Visit Amazon's Nancy Deville Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Nancy Deville,